I am thrilled to announce my sabbatical from podcasting!
Okay, I’ll miss this space with you, but truly, I am excited and ready to be fully engaged in my therapeutic studies, serve my coaching and therapeutic clients with clean and clear energy, and tend to myself and my family well.
A sabbatical is, ultimately, a chosen break from routine endeavors, to allow for exploration, rest and reconnection.
And so during this sabbatical, my focus will shift towards absorbing the wisdom my professors, therapist, and mentors have for me, embracing learning opportunities, and channeling my energies into areas that support connection with my essence.
I recorded a little podcast episode to dive into the practice of sabbaticals and how you can stay connected with me (including via this email space!).
In this episode, I share about:
- My decision to take a sabbatical
- What exactly is a sabbatical
- How I’ll be spending my sabbatical time
- An invitation to stay connected via my monthly newsletter which you can join at megscolleen.com
- A call to join me on Insight Timer every Monday from 8:00 -9:00 am PST
- A reminder to pick up your copy of my new book,“Live Your Freedom Now”
Listen to the episode wherever you like to listen to your podcasts or watch it now on YouTube!
Watch the episode:
Here are a couple of quick updates for you before we dive in:
- First: Every Monday morning from 8:00-9:00 am PST, I go live on the app Insight Timer pulling affirmation cards and offering journal prompts to start your week. This space has proven to be such an encouraging way to start the week, and I would love to have you join! The link is in the show notes to follow me on Insight Timer and learn more about the weekly event.
- Second: I am currently accepting new 1:1 coaching clients! My coaching work is carefully facilitated to help you before, during, and after seasons of overwhelm, transition, and executive function burnout so that you can rise empowered and root into freedom, no matter what lies ahead. All of my coaching is trauma-informed, neurodivergent and lgbtqia+ affirming, and rooted in the belief that you are already whole. If you are ready for support on your personal freedom journey, text or call me at 815.914.6304 or head to megscolleen.com and book a free consultation to see if I’m the right coach for you.
Ok, let’s get started:
Today I am writing to you from my dining room table. I have my regular matcha on my right hand side, my school binder on my left hand side, and my primary dining room window is open in front of me allowing a gentle breeze to waft in. The house is especially quiet as my partner took our dog with him to work, and I am allowing my nervous system to regulate after an hour of holding space by pulling affirmation cards on Insight Timer.
As I pause to notice my inner and outer worlds, I encourage you to do the same. Notice where you are, the textures around you, the colors, and the sounds. Notice any emotions that are present in your system.
In this practice, I encourage you not to judge or label any sensation or object. Instead, simply notice, witness, and allow all parts of yourself and your experience to the table. Allow them, and you, just as you are in this moment. This is a practice of personal freedom that you can utilize at any time.
In today’s episode, I am both announcing my own sabbatical from podcast creation while also offering a brief look into what a sabbatical is and how it can be beneficial while claiming personal freedom.
As I’ve discussed in many episodes on this podcast, life is an ever unfolding journey, and just like any expedition, you occasionally need to pause, reflect, and recharge. In today’s fast-paced world, you may often find yourself caught up in the whirlwind of constant activity and never-ending to-do lists. It’s during times like these that the concept of a sabbatical, and prioritizing one’s time, become especially critical.
What exactly is a sabbatical?
A sabbatical, traditionally associated with academia, has evolved into a broader notion that extends beyond the realm of education. Specifically, it is defined as an extended period of leave from one’s customary work for rest, personal ventures, or to acquire new skills or training – source
Ultimately, it’s a chosen break from routine endeavors, allowing exploration, rest, and reconnection.
For me personally, I am thrilled to announce my own sabbatical from podcasting so that I can fully engage in my therapeutic studies, serve my coaching and therapeutic clients with clean and clear energy, and tend to myself and my family well.
During this sabbatical, my focus will shift towards absorbing the wisdom my professors, therapist, and mentors have for me, embracing learning opportunities, and channeling my energies into areas that support connection with my essence.
This pause in content creation is not a goodbye. It is simply a pause on podcasting for now.
I will still offer monthly emailed musings that you can subscribe to on my website megscolleen.com – in these emails I will update you on current insights that feel meaningful, events I am hosting each month, and invitations into 1:1 Coaching.
Ultimately, I am confident that this sabbatical will enhance the quality of content that I create in the future, and additionally, as I immerse myself in this journey, I encourage you to continue your personal freedom journey, whatever form that may take. Whether it’s claiming personal freedom through prioritizing your time, working with a coach or therapist, diving into a book you’ve been meaning to read, or simply taking a moment to breathe and reflect, embracing the spirit of a sabbatical can be a transformative experience.
And that is where I am going to leave you for now. Again, please stay connected via my monthly newsletter which you can join at megscolleen.com – Additionally, if you are desiring coaching support, please don’t hesitate to reach out! My coaching work is carefully facilitated to help you before, during, and after seasons of overwhelm, transition, and executive function burnout so that you can rise with courage and root into freedom, no matter what lies ahead.
You can book a free 15-minute clarity call at megscolleen.com or shoot me a text at 815.914.6304. I’m here when you’re ready.
I’m sending you all so much love, and I’ll see you around.
Freedom is yours,
If you’d like to stay in touch during this time, I invite you to:
- Join me on Monday’s at 8:00 am PST time for weekly affirmation cards & journal prompts. Follow me on Insight Timer
- Stay connected via my monthly newsletter which you can join at www.megscolleen.com
- Pick up your copy of my book, Live Your Freedom Now.
- If you are ready for support on your personal freedom journey, text or call me at 815.914.6304 or head to megscolleen.com and book a free consultation